Sports fans in Nashville may want to think twice before purchasing nachos at the Nashville Arena concession stand. After four years of health inspections, unsafe food and a rodent problems were revealed that the Health Department called “critical violations.” In addition to 22 cases of mouse droppings in concession stands, since 2003, inspectors found out that 15 pounds of nacho cheese had to be thrown out because they were stored at the wrong temperature.
“Lack of good time-temperature controls is the leading cause of food-borne illnesses in this country,” said Jerry Rowland of the Metro Health Department.
There were also 21 cases of mold found growing inside ice machines and four sightings of fruit flies. Twice in four years, the Health Department suspended permits for two vendors and told them to cease operations immediately. Arena General Manager Hugh Lombardi said the violations shouldn’t keep fans from eating there.
“I don’t think that’s alarming,” he said.
We say, “Really, Hugh? … really?”
In Hugh’s defense, the Health Department returned to the arena on March 29 to reinspect nine vendors and some of those vendors had prior violations of rodents. Health inspectors said they found no signs of mice in those nine reinspections.
[SOURCE: Channel 4 WSMV Nashville]
digg_url = ‘http://www.ilovenachocheese.com/2007/05/nachos_no_good_.html’;
digg_skin = ‘compact’;